About the IARC Biobank
IARC Biobank Governance
1- Biobank Steering CommitteeAims and objectives
The Committee performs the following role:
- Provide advice to the Director in terms of the strategic development of IBB activities in line with the IARC Medium-Term Strategy.
- To oversee the Biobank and provide general guidance to the Head of the Biobank in the planning of biobank projects.
- To provide strategic and technical advice to IARC Groups in their development of new biospecimen collections, biobanking initiatives and cost recoveries in conjunction with the Head of the Biobank.
- To anticipate and plan for IARC's needs and opportunities in the broad area of biospecimen collection and use, including identifying needs for infrastructure and human resources.
- To ensure that IBB practice remains in line with international ethical standards.
|Dr Rolando Herrero, Prevention and Implementation Group (PRI), Chair|
|Dr Elodie Caboux, Laboratory Services and Biobank Group (LSB)|
|Dr Gary Clifford, Infections and Cancer Epidemiology Group (ICE)|
|Dr Joakim Dillner, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden External Advisor|
|Ms. Elisabeth Françon, Administrative Services Office (ASO)|
|Dr Olaf Kelm, IARC Grants Office (IGO)|
|Dr Ausrele Kesminiene, Section of Environment and Radiation (ENV)|
|Dr Florence Le Calvez-Kelm, Genetic Cancer Susceptibility (GCS)|
|Dr James McKay, Genetic Cancer Susceptibility (GCS)|
|Dr Maimuna Mendy, Laboratory Services and Biobank Group (LSB)|
|Dr Hiroko Ohgaki, Molecular Pathology (MPA)|
|Dr Sabina Rinaldi, Biomarkers Group (BMA)|
|Dr Augustin Scalbert, Biomarkers Group (BMA)|
Committee Secretary: Ms Sally Moldan
2- IARC Ethics CommitteeThe role of the IARC Ethics Committee is to give ethical evaluation to all IARC projects within its competence. See full Standard Operating Procedures SOPs, Rules and Procedures (RAPs) and related documents at the IARC ethics committee website: http://ethics.iarc.fr/