Recently established international collaborations
EPIC-Heart: European Commission 7th Framework Program (2011-2014)
- The overall aim of the project is to provide clinicians and policy makers across Europe with an evidence based menu and options for targeted and cost effective CVD risk approaches tailored to the needs of Europe's diverse populations.
- The study will utilize stored samples from EPIC and IBB will be responsible for pre analytical processing and redistribution of samples to the different collaborators across Europe and New Zealand.
- Coordinator: Professor John Danesh (University of Cambridge, UK)
HPV-Ahead: European Commission 7th Framework Program (2011-2014)
- This study is on the role of human papillomavirus infection and other co-factors in the aetiology of head and neck cancer in Europe and India.
- The study will be focused on the elucidation of the role of HPV types and other environmental risk factors in HNC in Europe and in India.
- The role of IBB is to archive and redistribute human specimens in European and Indian centres and generate a large collection of specimens from controls and HNC cases.
- Coordinator: Dr. Massimo Tommasino (IARC, France)
PROLIFICA: European Commission 7th Framework Program (2011-2014)
- This is a study on prevention of fibrosis and liver cancer in Africa.
- The study will be conducted in The Gambia, Senegal and Nigeria with collaborators from UK, France and Italy.
- Aliquot of samples collected in the study will be kept at IARC.
- Coordinator: Professor Mark Thursz (Imperial College, UK)